1 cup warm water
1/4 cup warm milk
1 package yeast
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil or melted butter
4 1/2- 5 cups flour (half bread flour)
cinnamon, sugar, and raisins for filling depending on your taste.
1) Mix first 7 ingredients. Add enough flour to form a soft but not sticky dough. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 7 min.
2) Allow dough to rise in a lightly greased bowl until doubled in size (about 2 hrs).
3) Divide dough into two equal portions and shape each into a rectangle no wider than the loaf pan you will be baking them in, and about 1/2 in thick.
4) Brush dough with a little water or milk. Sprinkle each rectangle evenly with a few tablespoons of sugar, then sprinkle with cinnamon, and lastly raisins (don't skimp on the raisins, min could have used a few more). Tap down raisins lightly.
5) Roll the dough up tightly and press seam to seal. Place in two greased loaf pans.
6) Allow dough to rise until it is just about the rim of the loaf pan.
7) Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 min.
8) Serve warm with butter and enjoy.