Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Experimental Loaf 2: Flax Seed Bread


We've all heard of the health benefits of flax seeds. They contain omega-3 fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol (LDL). They also help lower blood triglycerides and to maintain a healthy blood pressure. For these reasons I supplement my diet with flax seed oil. I also like crackers with flax seeds in them. I thought it would be good to make a loaf of flax seed bread. The idea is good but my recipe needs work. While edible, I felt the taste was a little off. I used flax seed meal and whole flax seed on the dough. I believe I added too much flax seed meal thus making the flax seed flavor too strong. Next time I will use much less. I liked the texture of the whole flax seeds so I'm keeping that element the same.

2 comments:

  1. Looking really good!! I just love the different ways you shape your breads. I love using Flax Seed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I try to be creative with them.

    ReplyDelete