Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Experimental Loaf 1: Garlic Herb Bread with Lemon


Recently I have been experimenting with putting different flavors in bread. One such experiment is the pretty little loaf you see above. It contains chopped fresh herbs (thyme and rosemary), lemon zest, and crushed garlic. The base was my italian bread recipe. Here is a link to that recipe- Italian Bread . It was pretty tasty, though I would have loved more garlic. Also next time I'll remove the lemon and use that for a citrus flavored bread instead (the orange cranberry bread at Wegmans is great). Some more experimental loaves are on the way.

4 comments:

  1. Fun! It's a sign of a true baker that loves to experiment with bread recipes. I tried this once for an Italian version with Lemon Thyme..decided the Lemon flavors are best left to the sweet breads. I love the shape of your loaf. What pan are you using? I would love to get some of those real long narrow bread loaf pans. Just use a cookie sheet right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the lemon flavors being for sweet breads. As far as the pan is concerned I shape the bread by hand and bake it on cookie sheets too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get a chance to visit my blog sometime. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will give your blog a look. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete